Learn how to support a young person who may be developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis.
Participants will learn how to:
- recognize signs that a young person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health or substance use crisis
- initiate conversations that encourage a young person to talk about a mental health or substance use problem
- discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
- assist in a mental health or substance use crisis situation
- check in with one’s own mental well-being and take action as needed.
This is taught in 3 modules over a 10 hour period. Module One is self directed and will take participants approximately 2 hours to complete. Module 2 and 3 (4 hours). with Tipping Point’s Dr. Julie Clayton. All participants are certified as Mental Health First Aiders at the end of the training by the Mental Health Commission of Canada.
For a more detailed course description and overview go to: https://www.mhfa.ca/en/course-type/mhfa-supporting-youth-virtual
Cost: $250 per person.
Module 1 – self study (approximately 2 hours)
required as pre-requisite.
For further information please email: email@example.com or call 778-251-6527.