Your illness does not define you. Your strength and courage does.
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
Over the course of anyone’s life, it is highly likely that they will develop a mental health problem themselves or have close contact with someone who does.
In Canada one person in five will experience some problem with their mental health in the course of year.
In Canada, one person in three will experience a mental health problem in their lifetime.
See our current workshops and register.
Mental Health First Aid will teach you how to:
- Recognize the symptoms of mental health problems
- Provide initial help
- Guide a person towards appropriate professional help
While medical first aid has long been understood as a necessary response to an injured person, Tipping Point believes that mental health first aid is a critical life skill that everyone should acquire.
Join us for this 8 hour workshop where you can learn to:
- Preserve the life of someone who may be in danger to themselves or others
- Provide help to prevent the mental health problem from becoming more serious
- Promote the recovery of good mental health
- Provide comfort and reassurance to a person who is experiencing a mental health problem.
*Note this workshop can be brought to your location if there are more than 12 people registered and sufficient meeting space can be allocated. Contact us today for details.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
Inquire about our consulting or counselling services today.
Or contact us to schedule your first session.